Friday, February 26, 2010

Cinnamon Sticky Buns

I got a new cookbook for Christmas called The Pioneer Woman Cooks.  I follow the author, Ree Drummond,  through her blog and she's so normal and down to earth. You can check out her blog here: thepioneerwoman.com She's been on a book tour for the past couple months and did some stops this week.  I watched her on Fox and Friends where she made her cinnamon rolls.  She is famous for them in the south and they look SOOO good.  I really wanted to make them from the recipe in my cookbook, but I didn't have all of the ingredients.  (When you live with someone with Celiac disease, you don't keep a large volume of flour on hand).  So, I looked around and realized I did have the ingredients for a similar recipe from The Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten.
 

Ina Garten is definitely NOT Ree Drummond.  I really can't relate to Ina.  She's a little too hoity-toity for my taste, but she does have great recipes and I have made quite a few out of this cookbook.  She's full of good tips, too.

These are all of the ingredients needed.  I accidently hid the brown sugar behind the pecans, so 5 ingedients--that's it.

I mixed butter and brown sugar together with a mixer and placed equal parts in the bottom of a muffin pan.



Unfolded the puff pastry and brushed it with butter.


Covered the pastry with brown sugar, cinnamon and more pecans.  The recipe calls for raisins, but I'm not a fan, so I decided to change and add more nuts.


Rolled it all up....



...and cut into 6 equal pieces.  Then repeated with the other sheet of pastry to end up with 12 rolls.




400 degrees for 30 minutes and then......

I let them cool for 5 minutes in the pan.


Then turned them out.




BLISS.....


Seriously.....they are so good when they are warm, right out of the oven--it's ridiculous.

I think I may go throw one in the microwave right now.....



P.S.  BIG Thank you to my husband who helped me with my photos or I may be still sitting at the computer when Geren graduated high school.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I thought I was looking at Paula's or Rachael's website. You really did a nice job....only problem is you can't taste or smell the end product!

Anonymous said...

We are waiting for the next installment of The Days of Knights saga! We love it!!!! Keep posting honey!