Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Desk Remodel



 So, when we bought our home back in 2006 we thought that we had a house in "turn key condition".  We must have had rose colored glasses on, because after we moved in we found many, MANY things that needed changed and upgraded.  Of course, almost 9 months to the day that we moved in, Geren was born.  New House, New Baby--right???  Things were put on the back burner because home improvement can be a bit noisy and that doesn't mix with a sleeping baby.  Slowly, but surely we have started on some projects that we wanted to get done.  Since we have had so much snow, we decided to tackle a project of converting a "wet bar" into a desk area.  I don't have a before picture of the area, but I do have some progression photos.  I would have more photos, but since I'm new to blogging, I have to figure out why it takes SOOOO long to upload photos.

Geren is always right by Gary's side when it comes to projects.  He has his own tools just like Daddy's.


Geren wanted to sand--and was a bit over zealous.  :)

How can you be a real foreman without a hard hat and tool belt?
We chose a dark taupe paint.  Gary says that if it was up to me we would paint the whole house taupe.  Not true!  I just like to have a blank slate so I can change things up when I get tired of something.

Please excuse the "after" photos.  I took them with my phone. 


I am beyond thrilled to actually have a practical space that will be used.  Thank you to my wonderful husband for taking the time to make this space so wonderful.

3 comments:

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jona said...

This looks fantastic! The 2 Gerens did a great job. :)

Anonymous said...

Great Job Honey!! Your BLOG looks marvelous!! I am proud of you.